WAVES performs calibrations and testing to a range of Australian and International standards. Testing areas include:
- Artificial Light at Night Surveys (ALAN Surveys)
- Compliance testing for lighting installations
- Lamps, luminaires and materials testing
- Luminance and luminance contrast testing
- Photoluminescent decay testing
- Illuminance, luminous intensity and flux measurements
- Spectral and colour metrics (CRI, CCT and chromaticity)
If you have a light, lighting or photometry question you need answered, or a problem you need solved, WAVES can help.
WAVES undertakes research in the following areas:
- Impact of lighting on wildlife
- Light pollution and sky glow
- Measurement of sky brightness
- Human impact on light pollution
- Product development for compliance and optimisation
- Research experiment design and management
- Development of custom testing apparatus
WAVES provides specialist advice and guidance on complex lighting matters and photometry.
Our staff have been involved in a wide range of projects with Government, Councils, Main Roads, energy and streetlighting providers, Queensland Police Service, and Universities.
WAVES experience includes policy creation, bench-marking, compliance testing, preliminary investigations, research studies, standards reviews and updates, and advisory roles.
Waves provides experimental evidence and technical advice for expert witness cases regarding lighting and photometry.